Whenever you see the Certified Angus Beef logo, rest assured that you’re in for a delicious meal. Add in fresh vegetables, creamy slices of your favorite cheese, and soft, buttery bread, and you have a classic American favorite on your hands.
Certified Angus Beef burgers, or CAB burgers, are guaranteed to be juicy, tender and incredibly delicious. But CAB meat isn’t available just anywhere. Providers must be certified to earn the highly respected Certified Angus Beef logo.
To get certified, sellers must pass the Certified Angus Beef requirements. These ten specifications fall under categories that include:
- Marbling & Maturity. This beef will range on a spectrum from modest to high marbling. Marbling consists of “white specks” in the meat that adds up to the ultimate juiciness in your burger. Marbling must be numerous and evenly distributed to ensure the best flavor.
- Consistent Sizing. Every slice of beef must pass the sizing guide. This includes weighing 50 pounds or less and passing specific measurements on the fat thickness and ribeye area in the beef.
- Quality Appearance & Tenderness. Looks matter when it comes to the juiciness and tenderness of the beef. This includes certifying superior muscling in the cattle and limiting neck humps, among other quality tests.
CAB must also be sourced from ethical ranches and farms. Angus cattle are well known for their potential to produce delicious beef. Every provider that passes the Certified Angus Beef requirements commits to providing you with the best quality and flavor.
Is Certified Angus Beef Better for Burgers?
Certified Angus Beef promises nothing but the best texture, taste and juiciness. Packed with protein, this beef is perfect for a well-balanced diet. This natural beef also includes essential nutrients, such as B vitamins, iron and zinc.
The American Angus Association, a non-profit that owns the Certified Angus Beef label, ensures ranchers humanely raise Angus cattle and track its progress consistently. The Certified Angus Beef brand is dedicated to providing premium beef that exceeds your expectations.
Burgers with CAB meat are guaranteed to always be tender, juicy and packed with mouthwatering flavor. If this sounds delicious, it’s time to dig in!
How To Grill the Best CAB Burger
With our Certified Angus Beef burgers, dinner is easy. Our pre-made patties come ready to season and cook. All you have to do is thaw, grill and serve. Fire up the grill and prepare the whole family for a spectacular meal.
This favorite recipe for a classic smashed burger will make for an unforgettable cookout.
- 4 CAB patties
- 4 white hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices of your favorite cheese
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices of vine-ripe tomatoes
- Bottles of ketchup, mustard and various condiments
- Salt and pepper your burger patties to enhance the flavor.
- Fire up the grill to medium or medium-high heat.
- Place your patties on the grill and let them cook. To create a juicier burger, resist the temptation to press the patty down on the grill.
- Flip your patties when they’re able to slide onto the spatula without sticking.
- Remove your burgers when they’re at the desired temperature. For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes (145° F). For well-done burgers, cook for 8-9 minutes total (160° F)
- Melt your cheese on the cooked patty before removing it from the grill.
- Cover the burger with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
To add an extra flair to your delicious burger, consider these toppings:
- Crumbly blue cheese
- Grilled onions
- Savory pickles
- Spicy jalapeños
- Fresh avocado
- Sliced mushrooms
- Specialty burger sauce
Enjoy the mouthwatering flavors and textures of a Certified Angus Beef burger. With the 80/20 meat blend, you’re guaranteed a thick, juicy burger with the highest grade of marbling. For more delicious and high-quality meats, check out Tonight We Dine’s Certified Angus Beef collection.